Old 09-28-2009, 09:26 PM
sweptback
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
As far as that comparison paper goes, the MAG MEC is guilty of gross failure to check to their facts or outright lying, one of the two. I don't think they checked ANY of their research, probably just sat down over dinner and made that stuff up based on what they thought they remembered hearing from offline jumpseaters over the years.

MAG pilots: Don't buy it.
It more than likely came from ALPA E&FA. They usually know what they're talking about, but sometimes stuff slips through the cracks if they don't have the latest LOAs and updates to each contract. I can see SkyWest being wrong because there's no real contract, just a policy manual that gets updated a lot more than a contract would.

The one part that is a bit misleading is the bit about the line guarantee. Sure, ASA doesn't have one, but we don't need one. We have 100% cancellation pay, as well as pay protection for trips removed for training/management/rescheduling/etc. All pay protection is lost credit on a leg-by-leg basis. So basically there is no way that you'd end up the month with any less than what was on your final schedule, and often you end up with much more. I'd suspect most airlines are that way, even if they don't have an explicit line guarantee.