Old 09-29-2009, 06:12 AM
TheDashRocks
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: DHC-8 CA Furloughed

Originally Posted by IrishTiger View Post
Unfortunately Rick, most do. It's awful.

I hate the fact I pay money to those scumbags and I get absolutely nothing for it in return. I know where the money goes too, I've seen the balance sheets.

If I had the time to run for FO rep I'd do it....If you are going to be a rep or another MEC member, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO, so I don't want to hear any excuses....
In return for your dues you have received a contract that is better than the last, the elimination of a non-union alter ego which has reduced the company's leverage over you, and an on-going national effort to improve duty regs to reduce fatigue. I am just scratching the surface.

You know exactly what it takes to be a rep, but sadly do not have the time to do the job properly. Nonsense. Either nut up or shut up. Your "scumbag" crack is out of line. Much of what you receive from our Union is the result of hard work performed by volunteers who receive no pay.

Many of us are tired and angry at the state of our work lives. It is easy to come up with a grocery list of things the union should have fixed long ago. The sad fact is that the RLA is severely tilted toward the employer. We would be paid and treated quite differently if we could legally call a strike in less than a month. Our gains are too often measured in years and inches.

"I prefer you just say 'Thank you'. Either way I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to". -Colonel Nathan R. Jessop