View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 09:10 AM
Aquapilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: CL-65 Left LAMA

Originally Posted by cargowannabe View Post
Hi,

I do not have any first hand info to pass on but I am currently at Jet Airways (India) and we know 3 new guys here that ALL came from China. Two from Schenzen and one from Hainan. Both had same issues to report.

Cannot trust anyone.
Fined for everything (ie not wearing hat, 10kts fast on landing etc.) and not informed of the fine until payday
Bonuses not paid
ALWAYS trouble on last checkride prior to contract ending

Again I have no first hand knowledge of any of this just what I was told by some individuals that were there.

As far as a good contract agency try VOR holding and email Doug Mowery (sp) and no I am not Doug he seems like a straight shooter.

Hope I helped.

Cheers,

cargo
First Hand Knowledge.......I left US carrier 121 for China Contract with WASINC for quick get out of Debt syndrome/adventure.....worst mistake of my life.... for myself and all the other guys that were over there with me. They broke the contract within months and we are all now unemployed and didn't even get our last paycheck or contract termination pay. With the current state of the Airline industry you would be wise to avoid them like the plague. AGAIN Stay away from China and WASINC. Your Contract is meaningless and you have no legal recourse for them breaking there end of the bargain. YOU CANNOT TRUST THE CHINESE.

You cannot trust Anyone over there..... do not believe the information they are telling you. I had a lot to loose ( Family) in taking the risk of leaving a US carrier . I thought I had covered all the angles and still got burned along with several other pilots. It has worked for a select few but think carefully before risking it.

I am still unemployed and looking to get back on in the US at Any carrier in either seat. 12 months.

This just happened to more guys this past Feb.

My advice...stick with Emirates, Cathay, and the like....even then be sure you know what your getting into.

Final advice...if you are sitting left seat here in the States.....sit your happy a#$ right back down and take a careful look at where your at.