Old 09-29-2009, 11:19 AM
jungle
With The Resistance

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Burning the Agitprop of the Apparat

Originally Posted by ppilot View Post
Well, two points. One, I don't agree with the figures that produced that analysis. As I said before, they're not taking increased immigration and projected growth fully into account. Two, you're including Medicare and Medicaid programs in the analysis that comes up with the 'half of all income tax dollars by 2030' which is a whole different and IMHO separate discussion.

And I agree that SS is supposed to be supplemental, not provide retirement. As I said, a 'small safety net'.
Fine, but it is important to look at the entire "entitlement" package and come up with workable solutions. You say you don't agree with the analysis presented, yet you fail to come up with any analysis at all from any credible source. Argument from "feeling" just isn't going to get it here. The fact is that numerous studies from numerous sources are all saying the same thing.
The news is not good, and the system is in very poor shape.

Throw in a couple of monkey wrenches in the form of continued high unemployment and double digit inflation and the time horizon could be cut in half.