View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 02:15 AM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by FmrFreightDog View Post
So how good is Delta about granting personal time off for the birth of a child? Number 2 is due in January, and I was planning on taking all of my vacation around the birth (because....really...who wants vacation in January except for Argentinians?). Turns out, however, that to transition from NWA to DAL vacation year, fNWA guys are only going to be able to bid a small portion of our vacation between January and April. So much for the vacation plan, and I know the FMLA thing is a nonstarter, so how much luck have guys had in the past just saying, "Hey, I'm having a kid. Can I get a couple of unpaid weeks off?"

Hope so...because the wife is ****ed and my trip ends tomorrow!
My Daughter was born in May. I called Central Admin in March & they approved FMLA over the phone right when I called no questions asked. I still had to fill out the form & fax it, but it was only one small page.

Overall, it was a very easy process, & the Eagan Central Admin Gals were super nice. I took 4 weeks off unpaid. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions regarding my experience.

Congrats on #2!