Old 09-30-2009, 07:21 AM
OKLATEX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: B767 FO

Originally Posted by renman95 View Post
12-31-12

Today in the Senate there is a bill to make commercial airlines have more efficient jets by 12-31-12 so as to save the planet of harmful greenhouse gases.

There was no mention of Congress and Pelosi relinquishing there jets and fly first class to reduce their carbon footprint.
What is the the bill called. Hadn't heard this one. What a way to kill the airline industry. Make an industry, that is an economic failure as a whole, invest in new equipment. All this following a horrible recession and high gas prices. Brilliant!

I am not saying the cleaner engines shouldn't be a desire, but don't airplanes only contribute 2-3% of green house emissions. I read an article regarding airplane emissions. The airlines have an desire too for efficient, clean airplanes. Helps their image as environmentally respsonible, and their bottom line. But the conclusion was, if this stuff is mandated by law, it could be a disaster for the airlines.

By the way, I am going to miss the Rumble of the 727/DC-9 and their smoke trails on final.