View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 10:43 AM
DAWGS
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: No to large RJs

Like a previous poster stated I don't understand why there is no outrage from ALPA over this MIDEX situation. This whole situation reminds me of every major pilot group after 9/11, waiting for the other group to go under. Everyone was so sure that would happen. The only thing that happened was the lowering of the bar and it has continued with regard to scope, pay, work rules, QOL etc... Here we find ourselves again, looking on as the landscape changes for another group, which directly affects us, and we turn our heads.

This is the time for ALPA national to show some leadership, which I think has been lacking all these years. Why have all this unity if we are not willing to use it. We have an amazing amount of power, regardless of what people think. We need leaders willing to call all of us to action. Let this administration and congress know the RLA needs a fixin' ASAP. And show the Walmart shoppers of this country, we are not subsidizing their trip to Disney anymore. We all do have the power to change this industry, however we just need leaders willing to exercise this power. Too much apathy in our ranks. We have to be wiiling to fight. I am thankful for the previous generations who built this profession. I don't want to be the generation looked at by future generations as responsible for its dismantling.