View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Yabadaba
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: Swing that gear

Originally Posted by Vegaspilot View Post
If I had to take a guess, it's that the Qs are going away. We were getting A/C #12 in Jan '10 and had a couple of options remaining and all that was cancelled a few weeks ago. BB said he would either grow the fleet or get rid of it. They say they are doing a fleet analysis right now and thats why they cancelled all the remaining Qs, but it kinda looks like the writing may be on the wall for the Q. I'm guessing the Qs get phased out, we get a semi-crappy integration or it goes to arbitration and when all is said and done we can bid whatever A/C and base our new seniority can hold. I'm hoping this won't happen as it's not what myself and pretty much everyone else here signed on for. My .02.
There is a bit more than this... #12 was cancelled, yes. The financing was agreed upon while under Chap 11 and the terms were LOUSY! That is why the 11th airplane took an extra month while they tried to get better terms from the financer. The price was higher than the present market price because the options were from over three years ago and now the market is soft. They also have some expensive options we don't use (HGS and MTOP). By my count there was only one option left of the remaining 10 to exercise anyway... as they had been expiring monthly throughout the bankruptcy. Doesn't mean BB will keep them around or lynx for that matter... but we are a present Q customer and we can get a more appropriate Q order sooner than advertised. The Q serves specific destinations very well and if they can pimp us out... they will.

We work for an airline that escaped bankruptcy during a recession. I too was offered a lot 2 and half years ago but my expectations changed with bankruptcy and $147 dollar oil. I am glad to have a job and will work with ALL the certificates to make this a better place to work.