View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Great Cornholio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Wow the damage to the strong bag looks worse than anything I've replaced bags for. (how long did you have your bag when this happened?) I've had wheels fall off, but not whole wheel wells before. Seems like handles and wheels are the first to go. I've been using Sampsonite for the past 7 years and have gone thru either 3 or 4 bags I cant remember. Tired of having to buy a new bag just because a wheel or handle breaks and depending on my luck it costs between 50 and 150 bucks a pop. Plus now they seem to make their bags with less pockets and out of cheaper stuff (more plastic compared to metal than older bags I've had).

I was really hoping to go with a lighter bag since I go up and down stairs a lot plus I went heavy duty on the flight kit so its heavy empty and super heavy with all of the stuff I have to carry, but it has lasted me 7 years and is still ticking. Looks like the main way to get the same 7 years out of an overnight bag is to go the heavy metal LW route. Keep the comments coming. I'm still not comitted to a bag yet, but the vote here seems to be leaning towards LW.