View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 04:50 AM
MEMFO4Ever
Bourgeoisie

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 787 SO

Originally Posted by CRJammin View Post
Is the most junior flying at the two cargo giants night sort flying? Suppose one gets hired and doesn't naturally fit into the night patterns, how long until he or she can hold a day line?

Second, how do the international trips affect your bodies honestly? Is it tougher or easier than domestic night flying?

Appreciate any replies.
I can't comment on the other airplanes or seats, but in the FO seat on the Boeing some of the most senior lines are night/early am double-deadhead trips. These pairings deadhead to an outstation then hub turn for a week through IND, EWR, AFW or OAK. The legs are generally shorter and the weeks go by fast. If you look at the top of our seniority pile this is where most senior commuters bid, especially if they can fly out of their home city. This is very desirable. We've got folks that won't bid into another seat or airplane until they can hold their next position in a city that they want to deadhead through. I fall into this category. Hanging out in the right seat for many years and flying out of your hometown makes things very comfortable.

For me quality of life over money wins every time.

Last edited by MEMFO4Ever; 10-14-2006 at 06:09 AM.