Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Normann
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 320*****

Originally Posted by BoredwLife View Post
Didn't shock me either. But what percentage of airlines didn't reduce utilization/fleet size/capacity in some way in the past 16 months. Kind of hard to beat Indigo for doing something that almost EVERY airline in the world also did.
Yeah bro. But close to 25%? Who else did 25%? Nobody unless they went out of business completely. Adjusting capacity is part of business as usual to ride the fluctuations created by the economy. But ride it by more than 5-10% of adjustments is just PLAIN **** POOR PLANNING. Or rather the complete lack of planning. 25% is a huge, last minute, desperate move. It indicates a major error in judgement. So yes! I do hold whoever is running the place responsible for that. It did F up my life quite neatly whereas a 5-10% furlough, what I have expected, would have not done that. 25%, to me, suggests that someone made some decisions, or delayed making some decisions, until NK almost got out of business. It may not be BBB and/or the business model necessarily, but still there was a major snafu somewhere.