View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 08:58 AM
inksmudged
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Default Flight School vs. Aviation Degree?

I'm confused as to which route I should take for education. I'm looking at getting my private license right now, so I know I'm jumping the gun a little, but if things work out, I may consider continuing in the aviation field. I already have my BA (French and Education), so I'm not worried about getting a degree. However, if I were to pursue a career in aviation, I'm curious as to which would look better on a resume? And, which route would likely offer the best education? There is a college about an hour from my home which offers an associates degree in aeronautics for about $60,000. Or, there is a private flight school much closer to my home that offers all the same training for about $40,000. I've talked to instructors from both schools, and I'd say they're both equally passionate and dedicated to turning out great pilots. I guess my question boils down to: would a potential employer rather see a degree behind the training? Or is it more about flight hours and a really great interview?