View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 06:13 PM
slowplay
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
Management has already asked the question regarding a single list / merger to facilitate the flow / furlough .
You've stated this before. I've asked around the union side. Nobody can verify your assertion. Nobody that I've talked to has been asked, nor was it offered.

The problem is not getting the list done. The problem is that we don't want to do it. We did not know the details of the NWA merger, yet we worked out a deal 100 times more complicated than 300 pilots who are already in staple seniority order.
I can get the list done tonight. That takes a word processor. It probably would even pass legal review and we'd only get sued by a few CPZ guys.

I can't get the list implemented. Ever. Not without management concurrence and significant changes to our contract. Too say that the question was never asked is not accurate. Management created Compass. Management has grown Compass to its maximum size. 76 seat jet flying was extracted in bankruptcy negotiations by both NWA and DAL management. They are not going to "gift" it back.

Pilots on the E175 can work it for current rates. If we get a E190/195 then it comes to mainline and we'll have to figure out if we'll work it like we do the MD90, or like the 737-700. It could be done.
We already have an E-190 rate in the book. What I'm reading is that you support a B-scale included on the property. You'll work to fix it later. Is that correct?

That pay scale is one of many reasons management would never acquiesce to an implemented seniority list even if we could prove operational integration (we can't). Why would they give away a cost advantage until they have to? The PAA example you mentioned had signficantly different components, including the financial condition of the carrier involved versus the rest of the industry and economy.