Thread: Induced Drag
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Cubdriver

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: ATP, CFI etc.

No disrespect taken, shadow. I appreciate your enthusiasm for truth. My whole point can be summarized as, "relax, this is just an internet forum". The rules we must not run afoul of are listed in the Terms of Service, but no one here is abusing them at all.

I am not sure what you want at this point as far as this discussion is concerned. Do you want some sort of reassurance that form drag is grouped always and by everyone in the academic community as parasite drag? That's not really true in an absolute sense, but if you want me to say that, then sure, it is usually grouped with parasite drag. Nice poster, by the way.

You worry me that you are even talking about using these forums for a primary source of information about aerodynamics. Discussion is fine, but the bar is low, and my earlier point was simply that you should go to textbooks not the internet for your education. I would say that to anyone.

Anyway, let's give it a rest because I think the original poster has lost interest in the original question at this point.