Thread: Induced Drag
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 05:29 AM
shdw
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
I am not sure what you want at this point as far as this discussion is concerned. Do you want some sort of reassurance that form drag is grouped always and by everyone in the academic community as parasite drag?
No, I was just trying to see the connection you were making. The relationship between form drag and induced drag, I wasn't sure if it goes deeper than they are both drags that occur because of pressure.

Originally Posted by cubdriver
You worry me that you are even talking about using these forums for a primary source of information about aerodynamics.
No I did not mean this. I have a degree in aviation and have been reading a lot since graduation about various aspects of flying, especially aero. I use these and other forums as a place for discussing topics, the only goal being to further my understanding by seeing if the points I make are agreeable to others. Edit: If they are not than hopefully I can find out where to go to do more research on the topic.

Originally Posted by cubdriver
Anyway, let's give it a rest because I think the original poster has lost interest in the original question at this point.
Than stop asking me questions!!! lol :sarcasm: I am done and I hope those answers satisfy the questions/concerns you have.