Old 10-14-2009, 08:39 PM
GearMover
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: A-320

Originally Posted by aeromike49 View Post
Problem has been that you need an airplane to actually fly in to airports to look for a job. If you are driving in - can't even get into the airport to talk to anyone as all the gates are locked, FBO - forget talking to some desk clerk and leaving a resume. Fly a plane in - or network - every job on a job board seems to have thousands of applicants - qualified or not - the chances of actually having someone look at your application - next to zero - good luck -
I'm sure this won't work for every one but why not take a part time job at an FBO? I have several friends that are low time pilots (less then 500TT) who work at FBO's and I am amazed at all the offers they get from people who use the FBO. They get offers to fly with guys who haven't been up in their 172 in a few months all the way up to flying with long cross countries to help navigate and so on. Trust me there are job offers that come out of stuff like that. Remember its not what you know its who you know and you never know who your going to meet at an FBO