View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 01:25 PM
dragon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Dismayed

Originally Posted by KC10 FATboy View Post
I don't mean to sound insensitive, but, I don't care about the folks who choose to live out of base and commute. I agree there should be some type of crew shuttle like the FAs have so the folks who "crash" in Kew Gardens can get around. But I certainly don't want to see the rule of being able to report within any of the three airports to get changed. Doing so would mean that a lot of folks would have to move.

NYC is such a mess; honestly, it is the cesspool of America. Ok, I'm going overboard and trying to be funny. But in all seriousness, the largest city in the US has the worst transportation systems: roads, trains, subways, airports ... you name it.
You should work for the tourism folks.

In one paragraph you basically countermand the other. Why would anyone especially now move to a new base. I didn't have a choice in bases and I don't think many others here did. I'm glad it works for you but lets not paint with such a broad brush.

If you're on SC, then the report to any coterminal works. However, what about LC when they call and tell you that you have a 0500 EWR report and your pad is in Kew? That's a $75 car fare you just had to eat.