View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 09:04 PM
AviatorAl04
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Very interesting article. I had a job offer at Dynamic Aviation and turned it town due to the 75% wrenching and 25% flying. they made it sounds like you barely keep currency. I am a CFI/A&P and live in minnesota. there is nothing out there for flying. I JUST moved back from Hawaii 2 days ago to take a job at skydive kauai and quit 1.5 weeks after arriving because the logbooks were missing, stuff was completely unairworthy and broken and corroded (huge list), owner did not want to do anything with it) and now the feds have an investigation over it because I called them with my concerns, even they were floored at my descriptions. Thank God I reviewed the maint. side before I flew it. the owner was incredibly cheap and did many illegal things, would not work with what was the legal way and peoples lives are at risk because of this cheapness.
One day he will be at the end of a hospital bed saying...If i had only.....

Anyways, I have been thinking about becoming a firefighter or doing something until the pilot market picks up and renting an aircraft for hours until I meet requirements. like you said 4440, Mx offers little to no money anymore. it would be great to find a good place to work with good pay, but it seems like "paying your dues for now" is almost impractical because its worse than its ever been. how can we afford this? How frustrating is this.... so P.O.'ed, now I am unemployed because some jerk wanted to cut so many corners and all we are doing is the right thing. Dang this makes me mad. there is hardly anything out there. Tired of moving and getting burned.

Frustrated