View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Phantom Flyer
Snakes & Nape

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: B-767 Captain
Thumbs up Excellent Advice

Originally Posted by cac737 View Post
As hard as it may be to have lost your jobs in this manner, it is even harder to put past you what you all may feel is owed to you.

If the experiences of kiwi, and sky trek airlines (B727) are any indication of what the compensation is like after a company folds from under you......take my word for it that what anyone will get is pennies on the dollar and that is if you are lucky after many years. Hardly outweighs the cost of hiring legal help and getting back your time wasted.

What an industry!

Having not had the experience personally, I think that this is excellent advice !

From what I've read, have been told and the research that I've done on William Rogers and his "team" indicate that there may not be any financial resources available from this con artist. If that's the case, pursuing legal action in civil court against him is, as cac737 points out, is fruitless and a waste of your resources.

For my two cents, letting the State of North Carolina Insurance Commission and Dept. of Labor address the felony charges and lead the criminal action and possibly filing a federal case under the WARN Act is the best possible action for the pilot group and all employees at Pace. At least they have some teeth from a state and even federal statute standpoint. Filing civil cases is pointless as one can't get "blood from a turnip".

Cac737 is correct in my view....Roy Rogers and Art Carney form one of the best Snake Oil Salesman teams ever and it's unfortunate the current employees at Pace had to pay the circus admission.

G'Luck and Sayonara Mates