Old 10-20-2009, 06:42 AM
FlyASA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: CRJ-200 First Officer

Originally Posted by LeftWing View Post
Why did you post to this thread?

Whatever you call your cute little crusade, you're being a hypocrite. For the simple reason that you're flying for a regional airline, you're letting managers everywhere know that you are willing to fly under a crappy contract because you love flying so much.

There's nothing wrong with working for a regional airline. However, there is something wrong with working for a regional airline and then bashing another regional airline.
I'm sorry for working for a regional, please point me in the direction of the major airline that hires flight instructors and I'll quit immediately....please I'm waiting.....didn't think so....

As I've said in numerous other threads if I could flight instruct my way to the majors I could, but that is impossible. The regionals are a stepping stone, everyone knows that but that doesn't mean we have to choose to work for the worst ones, especially an alter-ego that was set up to circumvent contract negotiations. What kind of message does that send to the Tilton's of the world that are itching to set up alter-egos at the mainline level?

We all talk about educating people about the industry so what's wrong with educating people about the history of GoJet? Isn't that something they should know before they go there?