Old 10-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Captain Bligh
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

The more I read between the lines in this case, the angrier I get. Several of you have asked deep probing questions like, "Do two wrongs make a right?" I stumble and struggle with that, as my own "moral compass" seems to have been demagnetized over the years of sharing employment with the likes of these people that "manage" airlines. I wonder on a daily basis if I can work another day in this miserable industry let alone another 15 years without becoming skewed.

Did the funding for the legal defense of the airline's management come from the airline's general fund for mismanagement defense, or did they withdrawal special funds from the retirement plan to pay for the limos, hotels, attorneys and catered lunches while they wrongfully terminated and tried to sue these pilots? Grounds for lawsuit? It seems that the pilots just tried to steal their own retirement before management got it. Judge Gary Miller has ruled that the airline's management was WAY OUT OF LINE. Since we're talking on a higher moral plain, even given my soul searching, to that I say AMEN. ...and...

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome back. Use the precedent set in this case to sue the airline nine ways to Sunday. Sue for back pay. Sue for back benefits. Sue for pain and suffering. Sue for defamation of character. If anyone looks at you sideways sue them too. Given the language used by Judge Miller, your lawsuits should be a slam dunk. When that is all said and done, consider commuting in early for any trips you choose not to call in sick for over the first year of your reinstatement and spend the time hobnobbing around in the CPO. Flirt with the office staff, rub elbows with the guys that fly desks for a living and generally tell your story often and loud with a large dose of embellishment and poetic license about how they tried to run you out on a rail without having their ducks in a row.

Maybe I can live with the new administration. Seems pretty labor friendly to me.

Last edited by Captain Bligh; 10-20-2009 at 05:23 PM.