View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 09:26 AM
skypair
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: DC-10 Capt.

Guys,

The "Trainwreck" is that ALPA will change your job, your career, and your life without batting an eye. I saw the same things Bob talks about and more. List mergers that suddenly favor one group over the other in spite of bylaws and procedures. Squeezing the local airline unions into the national AFL-CIO strike agenda. Whatever is expeditious for the ALPA National "business model," as they call it (translated: whatever makes ALPA more money)!

And the "trainwreck" is coming to those who actually rely on ALPA for "help" and "guidance" during negotiations, self-help, mergers, etc. That covers just about every commercial pilot, no? They're on their OWN side, guys! They need to keep collecting money and if its from strike fund war chest assessments, all the better! Look for drawn out negotiations even when shorter is possible!

Bob was smart. If you have an opposing opinion, you're better off agitating from the outside than from the inside. I notice Bob still got his plaque and lapel pin. I expect they'll be sending me mine, too, despite my record (which I won't go into).

skypair