View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 09:26 AM
dojetdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: DD->DH->RU/XE soon to be EV

Originally Posted by tlove482 View Post
I have been following this thread for some time and decided to join the forum so I could reply. It's interesting how a lot of people see affirmative action. However, I think alot of you have the wrong I idea. It's not made to be a hand out. It is made to prevent discrimination. If two equally qualified pilots apply for the same job(but one is black and one is white) affirmative action will make sure that the black guy isn't counted out just because he is black. I fail to see how that is a bad thing. I fail to see why anyone would have a problem with that. Sounds fair to me.

Question for you on this point. If two people, one white male and the other a minority both apply for a job. Both have equal flight times, PIC, tt, ect. Both have the same amount of type ratings.

If the minority candidate had a terrible interview or flew a substandard sim ride and was not hired but the white male interviewed good and flew an adequate sim ride, who would you hire?

Did AA fail if they hire the white male because he demostrated he is a better candidate for the job?

If they choose to hire the minority because the EOC has to be satisfied, did AA work although they demonstrated substandard flying skills as well as a poor interview? Sounds like a freaking hand out to me.