View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 08:44 AM
ToiletDuck
Che Guevara

Joined APC: Aug 2005

Originally Posted by johnso29 View Post
A source? Go back and look at the last 10 fatal 121 accidents and tell me who's involved. I'm pretty sure that Regionals will be in more of the fatal accidents.
An accident doesn't have to be fatal to be an accident. Either there is or there isn't pilot error that's all that matters. The rest comes down to luck a lot of the time. AMR, DAL, CAL have all landed on taxiways just off the top of my head. There were no fatalities but the potential definitely existed and that's all that matters. Sometimes it's another crew that saves the day and keeps everyone alive but the incident still happens. If you want to look at complete safety then you need to look past the whole accident/deaths thing and go with the potential for these to occur. Sometimes fate just helps out. While there were no deaths were associated with this incident it still goes in the pile of huge NO NOs.

Like I said I can't want to see what the findings are but unless there's a fire or dual engine failure I can't imagine using a taxiway on purpose especially with 4 runways. If something was on the runway then go missed. I'm with the 6 eyeball crowd. Fly the plane first even if everyone in the back is shooting monkey's out of their backside.