Thread: Guns!
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 08:37 AM
ryan1234
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: USAF

Originally Posted by AZFlyer View Post
Now a couple questions for you experienced owners....how do you guys typically store your home-defense firearm in your home? Do you change its location while you are out of town?
I keep mine full mag and chambered - I don't "top off" the mag though... I think it's bad for the mag spring. When I first started into the 'having a gun in the home deal' I would never keep it loaded... I wasn't at my house when it got robbed, but it dawned on me that having an unloaded gun especially seperated from the mag is well.... useless.....especially if there aren't any kids around........

..... anything can happen at any given time. Sometimes people would like to think they may have time to wake up, find the mag, chamber a round and all in enough time to deal accordingly.... but sadly bad situations usually never happen the way you think they will.

oh and.. I usually clean my gun after each shooting session... maybe that's extreme...but I also use synthetic gun lube.... seems to not heat up as much as the regular stuff