Old 10-23-2009, 03:16 AM
youngairliner
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Well I would submit that the people responsible for the lapse in inspection at SWA should also be fired, this isn't just a "I forgot to take out the trash tonight dear" kind of action, and those idiots should be held accountable for their actions. I believe that a little more accountability would do wonders for the entire system. You can't tell me their is any reasonable explanation for flying past your DESTINATION by 150 miles. I have done a crossword or two airborne, I am not holier than thou, but the fact we have "professional people" defending these A** Clowns is just plain silly. I am very tired of our "profession" having no standards and insisting on everyone should be upgraded eventually and keep their jobs no matter how bad they screw up. The percentage of airline pilots who get upgraded is silly. Talent/Skill/Competence has nothing to do with sitting in the left seat. Getting hired first is the key. COLGAN ACCIDENT, landing on a TAXI WAY, PASSING UP YOUR DESTINATION by over a hundred miles are not honest mistakes that anyone could do. They are negligent incidents/accidents that we as a profession should be accountable for. But I guess if you sit in the left seat all is good. Good luck, we in the right seat are watching.