Gets Weekends Off
JetJock16
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2006
  • Position
    SkyWest Capt.
This might be TMI for these boards. If anyone things so then just drop me a line. Thankx.

First, I'm an E-120 Capt.

It all comes down to the bags in the back. The reason why Vegas usually works for 30+JS is because people are only going there for a day or two and pack very light (no connecting PAX); also the a/c has to be an Aft-Galley in order to offset the forward JS’r (it's next to impossible to ballance a FWD GLY with 30 PAX, A JS'r and bags while keeping the MTOW under 26,433 lbs). If you're not going in and out of Vegas then the cargo compartment should be full enough to restrict the 120 to about 27-29 Pax. If it's a long flight (SFO to MFR, LMT, OTH, etc) with a huge headwind or alternate then we'll usually be down around 25 or so. Also if it's hot and high then you can expect restriction down to around 23-25.

Another factor is the a/c; their weights can vary as much as 600 lbs. If it's a N5##SW a/c then it's heavy, usually with a BOW up around 17,800+ (some above 17,9##). All the others are around 17,500 with 216SW and 218SW being the lightest (around 17,2##). As for more numbers, usually the fuel load is between 1800 and 2200 lbs. It doesn't start restricing PAX until you put more than 2400 lbs on board (ZFW 24,030 lbs.)

If you can give me your departure and destination I can give you better numbers. But for a rough estimate just plan 28 and you should be fine. And as Hopper said, let the CA know because we tanker a lot of fuel around so we don't have to fill up at outstations where it's expensive. If you let the CA know he'll do his best to make room for you.

Just let me know and I'll help as much as I can.