Old 10-25-2009, 08:34 AM
KC10 FATboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Legacy FO

Originally Posted by C152PIC View Post
This makes me sick! Say what you will about me after I post this, but seriously, GROW UP and take responsibility for YOUR actions and stop blaming "the industry" that you so desperatly want to remain a part of. On one of my recent trips I awoke at 3:30am to commute after getting up at midnight with a new baby, and yeah...I was flippin tired on our last leg (of 5) also around 8:00pm, but I'm an adult and I stuck it out no matter what it took because it's MY JOB to keep the people SAFE in the back. And for what it's worth, from what I've heard it was leg 1 of 2 after a 19 hr rest for this crew.

Sure, I feel that people should be allowed to make mistakes and their jobs should survive. However, mistakes as big as this and as terribly as this outcome could have been are inexcusable! There's plenty of qualified people in line to take their place.

It's things like this that make me paranoid to be in the back. I'm curious to know that if the outcome were different would you still have the same response? If this plane had run out of fuel and the pilots awoke to make an emergency landing and only killed half the people onboard, would you still be insistent that these pilots should keep their jobs?? Because after all, they saved half the people....that's better than none!
This is what scares me about APC. We have professional pilots who openly admit that they were fatigued, who didn't have the professionalism or maturity to call in sick/fatigue, and who willingly put themselves, their coworkers, and passengers in an unsafe situation; only to be bragging about it and that they didn't make any major mistakes!

If it means anything C152PIC, it is these rookie decisions and online posts that make me paranoid to be in the back.