Old 10-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Copperhed51
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by bidnez View Post
Why not express your disdain toward the TSA pilot group as well- since anyone accepting employment there has accepted one of the worst contracts in the business, further dragging the industry to its bottom.

Look at Transstates historical record- they win flying because they are the low cost carrier. Anyone's glib expectations of changing that is a fool.
This always cracks me up because the whole reason GoJetS was created was because the TSA pilots would not accept crappy pay on the CRJ's. Now I realize that simple hourly rates are only a small part of what makes a good contract, but at least the TSA guys were willing to fight for that. If not for GoJetS, TSA would have at least industry average wages on the CR7. Additionally, TSA is in its 4th or 5th year of negotiations on a new contract and is unable to get anywhere for a multitude of reasons, the main one being the government. Either way, you saying that TSA is equally the problem is completely wrong. If you can't understand why, I can't help you.