Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Left Handed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 319/320/321...whatever it takes.

Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
The company does not know what we will accept. Think about it, we have changed direction too many times. If they knew the MEC would ratify at the MEC level, we could probably get a deal much quicker because that removes the unknown of membership ratification. As far as I know, the MEC is 100% in support of membership ratification.

The professional negotiation advisers Spirit consults with, are likely telling them that we will turn down any contract because of our lack of consensus on ANYTHING over the last three years.

Neither the negotiations updates nor MEC updates have mentioned retro pay. I doubt that it is being considered.

I wasn't here for the last contract, but I've heard the rank and file complain about not having a vote. When you have pilots willing to sell out other pilots for personal gain, I would not want the power in the hands of someone else. I have asked the MEC to put their money where their mouth is and make MEMRAT the official way to do the vote, and have gotten the "Why do we need to put it down on paper, just trust us" response. We have had a history of signing things without even telling the membership, and I for one would like to see some accountability on the part of our MEC. Although, I do thing the current MEC is less apt to do this than the last one.