Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Short Bus Drive
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Guppy Capt.

Originally Posted by Left Handed View Post
I wasn't here for the last contract, but I've heard the rank and file complain about not having a vote. When you have pilots willing to sell out other pilots for personal gain, I would not want the power in the hands of someone else. I have asked the MEC to put their money where their mouth is and make MEMRAT the official way to do the vote, and have gotten the "Why do we need to put it down on paper, just trust us" response. We have had a history of signing things without even telling the membership, and I for one would like to see some accountability on the part of our MEC. Although, I do thing the current MEC is less apt to do this than the last one.
I was there. WE, the rank and file, voted. And the MAJORITY voted FOR it. But it's funny to hear how many people voted "against" it. (So how did it pass?) A lot of people there don't want to admit to voting for it.
Who gave you the "trust us" response? The only person I know that I can see saying that is flying somewhere else (for now- I've heard).