View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 05:03 AM
NoyGonnaDoIt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by Boris Badenov View Post
It makes my heart shoot rainbows that he feels my pain. Still and all, in the end, all the FAA does is destroy the lives of pilots and slap the offending certificate holder on the wrist and say "no seriously, don't do that!". I fail to see how there's a legit answer to the question I posed in this feelfest.
You mean other than "life's not fair," "corporate America gets away with all sort of things," "it's your choice," or "if every pilot in the company stood up, the company couldn't get away with it"?

Other than that kind of stuff there probably isn't a good answer to your question.

When you're facing that certificate action, the company will deny that they did anything wrong. And, in an investigation, other pilots will be too concerned for their own jobs to report anything. I'm not disagreeing that the FAA has had a bit of a history of not taking down the companies, but the pilot who flies out of airworthiness is an easy target; even politics aside, the company no one reports is a bit harder.