View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 05:25 PM
LoitaHills
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Captain 121

Originally Posted by plnegoofy View Post
I think he is using the "VS" because our mainline "brothers" have never shown us at Piedmont any respect at least in the 5 years I have been here. You would think that we could work together in trying to get rid of mesa and republic, but mainline pilots fight Piedmont over trying to get rid of the 70 seat TURBOPROP scope in our contract. Meanwhile mesa and republic take THIER jobs in the 170 and CRJ-900 with no simmilar outrage. Also when I try to jumpseat instead of my "brothers" welcoming me, they treat me like a second class citizen and think I am trying to take their job in my 25 year old turboprop, if they even remember I fly a turboprop as their wholly owned regional. I wish they would show support for PSA and especially Piedmont in the Crew News sessions, and push Parker to keep flying in house instead of outsourcing, since Piedmont lost 11 aircraft this year and we are slowly withering away. That is why I think this fellow Piedmonster is asking about the mainline pilots attitude towards the WHOLLY OWNEDS VS the CONTRACT carriers. Because right now it doesnt seem like they even care about keeping us around...their fellow "brothers". Just my opinion though.
There is no outrage because Republic or Mesa hasn't "taken" any jobs from US Airways Pilots. Any flying performed at Republic or Mesa was negotiated by AAA ALPA by USAIRWAYS PILOTS. So, be careful on how you assign blame. But, don't take my word for it...ask a US Airways pilot.