Thread: Mapd
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 06:37 AM
Laxrox43
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: A320/321 FO

Well, that's good that you are getting through quickly. Now if you were to go the ATP route to get your CFI/CFII/MEI, that wouldn't be such a bad deal. You aren't gaurenteed a job with ATP afterward, but there is a good chance that doing their instructor program will help with job placement as an instructor. (Guys and Gals from ATP...chime in and correct me if I am wrong!)

I did my Multi-Engine Commercial add-on through them. If you can follow their procedures to the "T" then you are all set. Good luck if you try doing it your way, I watched a lady fail her ATP MEL checkride, because she was stuck on doing everything her way...

Just be aware, that if you do decide to go the ATP route for your instructor certs. that you should front load ALL of your studying for PPL/Inst./CPL/MEL stuff. When I did my commercial add-on, they only gave me a ground lesson on the aircraft systems (real basic) and the maneuvers.

Anyways...good luck in what you decide to do. My suggestion would be to check out a local FBO and see if they can help you out. I bet it will be a lot cheaper...and if you get on their good graces, you might land yourself a job

GOOD LUCK BUD!
Lax