Old 11-05-2009, 06:34 AM
pipe
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: 757 Capt

Originally Posted by KDENPilot View Post
Now yours is a statement I can respect, even if I don't agree with all of it. I don't feel I've been "bent over," that much, so we'll agree to disagree on that one. As far as other employee groups, I'm well aware of the stories of the anti-pilot rallies back when you were negotiating contract 1 (I wasn't here yet.) Not something I would have been happy to see, but at the same time, if they felt their livelihood was being threatened by the actions of a small group of employees (relative to the overall number of employees,) I can also see where they were coming from.

Maybe no one is advocating belittling other groups, but I've certainly read plenty of negative comments on here about the people in crew scheduling (they're actually pretty good folks, for the most part, and probably have one of the most thankless jobs in the company,) GOC (they're all licensed dispatchers, have a training and standards program and once we go flag/domestic will by FAR have joint operational control of each flight along with the captain...just like at all the other major airlines,) company management (like many of us would have the first clue how to profitably run a multi-billion dollar corporation,) and hub/ramp workers (yeah, some of them are of questionable intelligence, but they're not that bad.) To read some of the comments on here, you would get the impression that some on this board are of the opinion that the crew force is the only group of employees that makes the operation go, we're more important than any other group and every decision the company makes should be in our best interest. Since I have friends, or at least acquaintences, in all of those areas, I get a little irritated when some pompous alpha hotel who knows nothing about what those folks really do goes spouting off on here about how GOC doesn't know what they're doing, or management is screwing him, or how CRS is conspiring to hide open time in order to serve some nefarious purpose. (I have it on good authority, from a person who would know and I trust, that they're not.)
I'm not sure where anyone spoke ill of CRS. We're all intelligent enough to understand that they are simply implementing the management interpretation of the contract. In my opinion the present interpretation is being pushed to the limits of a reasonable person's judgment. The reasonable standard is, by the way, the legal standard for things that are not spelled out in black and white.

I'm glad you like your job. I like my job most of the time. I used to like it a lot more. It was, in my opinion, a much better place to work 24 months ago. This is a little suspect since we are working under the same contract we were under then.

If you are a "company man", you should be upset that the contract was not being exploited properly before. A shareholder might say, "If you could have saved 100 million a year in personnel costs under this contract, why weren't you doing it?"

I really don't understand why you feel the need to make all of this stuff personal. I disagree with you on almost everything across the board. It's not personal in any way. Feel free to disagree with me all you want, but I'd sure appreciate it if you'd lose some of the aggression and insulting tone.

If I were in your position I might not be as displeased with the state of things. If you were in mine, your views might be different. But I'm not, and you're not -- so try to exercise a little civility.........PLEASE.

PIPE