View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 11:24 AM
HaZMaT
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by BeenThereDoneIt View Post
Good reaction for those Avantair guys. Nice job.

I flew out of TRM with Avantair one day and the captain wanted me to do a run-up before departure. There isn't a run-up area and he didn't tell me he wanted a run-up until I got to the end of the taxi-way for RWY 35. I was turned towards the hold line on what I assume is A1. I did the run-up facing the runway (east) and then we departed.

Right after departure a guy on the ground called us on the CTAF and thanked us for blasting him, his plane and hangar with rocks and sand.
If the Captain told you to fly into a mountain side would you do it? What situational awareness did you have in the scenario you just described? What CRM did you use to remedy the situation? Sounds like you are blaming the Captain for a mistake that you share a responsibility in. Grow up and take the skirt off.

You blamed Avantair for the downturn in the economy and your inability to upgrade to captain. I thank God you did not ever upgrade. I also thank God you don't work here any longer.

I still can not figure out what your obsession with Avantair and Fractional flying is. You hated it when you were here but continue to follow it like a fan.

Enjoy your ground instructor job. Not everyone was born to fly.