View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 10:32 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by flyguy37 View Post
USMCFLYR, I apologize for being a smarta$$. Kind of emotional time for us guys at the bottom right now. In the fractional world under the owner contracts a bigger plane can cover a smaller plane's trip but not the other way around. So the BBJ can cover a Beechjet trip but obviously a beechjet cannot cover a BBJ trip so by this method the bigger the plane the more trips you can cover so you work more. Trust me your FA-18 is way more fun than any plane you will fly in the civilian world and better job security. We have quite a few guys here at NJ that wish they were back in the military (and some are getting back in) Most of us are hoping we can better our lives enough in the next 5 years to not have to take a callback to NJ.
Thanks for the apology but it wasn't required. I was seriously asking if you were making fun or if you were serious. I know it is a tough time for all the furloughed pilots and the ones in danger of being furloughed. I found out a little less than a year ago that some former squadronmates were now flying at NJA. I don't know where they sit in th numbers game but I'm hoping the best for them and their families - just as I do for you and yours. I'm in the job hunt myself right now too and the pickings are slim (to none it seems) no doubt. Best of luck.

USMCFLYR