View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 05:30 PM
mshunter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: PA-31/left, LJ31/right

Originally Posted by Dan64456 View Post
Well for semantics sake, the media and most users would group these devices as smartphones. I know they are trying to create a new division called 'App phones' which I personally don't agree with, but for the sake of this thread, I'd be more specific as to what type of device you are referring to...

Sheesh, what a stickler for the rules. I am not a fan of the IPhone, to trendy, and it's from Apple. I don't like the fact that you have to go 3rd party for insurance, and everyone I work with is always complaining about service. I also don't like Crackberries, they are decent phones, but are llimited to what they can do in terms of apps. I have a Samsung Saga, and love it. It supports Logbook Pro, which blackberry and Apple do not. It has GPS (for free), so Google maps has been downloaded, and it's extreamly easy to get "un-lost," don't ask me how I know. The app support for it is endless, and the majority of it is free.

The only gripe I have is it doesn't have much storage. I haven't filled it up yet, but I know there will e a day when I do. But no big deal, you can buy memory chips for a resonable cost (5 bucks for 2 gigs). It'll play music, sync to a computer (plug and play), takes good pictures (2 mega pixel). And, it was only $99.00 signing the same contract agreement that everyone else has.