Thread: CFI Jobs
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Senior Skipper
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: the correct seat

Originally Posted by tomderekc View Post
Again I am not going to sit on the couch and wait for Rod Machado to come and knock on the door. I read a lot of bad post on this company and that company, I really dont care about all that nonsense. I am a grown man and I can decide what I think is fair. I am not going to work for free, but if I have to take a couple of bucks less and put up with a little crap so what. It's called work for a reason.
Nobody is expecting the sky to open and a job to fall into your lap. By all means, go find a job. We all want to work, but make sure you can live off what you are paid. Otherwise, you're living to work, not working to live.

I read a lot of bad post on this company and that company, I really dont care about all that nonsense.

Good to see your excitement and optimism. Three months after you get your job, you will come here complaining and crying about the airline industry, and how you're underpaid and not respected. Rest assured that your current mindset keeps us in the current slum we're in.

I am a grown man and I can decide what I think is fair.

Out of sheer curiosity, how old are you?

I am not going to work for free, but if I have to take a couple of bucks less and put up with a little crap so what. It's called work for a reason.

How do you define "a couple of bucks less"? One or two dollars? Or are you going to tell the owner of the school that you're willing to work for $10 an hour as opposed to the $15 current CFI's get? Even if you're willing to work for $13, what happens when the boss says "tomderekc can work for $13, so everybody can work for $13"? What happens when somebody walks through the door and offers to work for $11?

You're willing to put up with crap at work; it's called work for a reason. Basically your boss can do anything to you because you don't consider yourself a professional. You are willing to scrape the bottom of the barrel just to sit in a plane and say "more right rudder."

My friend, your attitude does indeed lower the bar. Don't sabotage the profession just s you can say you're a CFI.