View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 11:42 PM
block30
Bracing for Fallacies

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things

Originally Posted by ewrbasedpilot View Post
All I can say is that you must've been with some pretty crappy units. I worked as a Liaison Officer in GA for almost 13 years, and we had some incredible cadets, a senior member with over 100 ELT finds, and quite a few military academy selections. If you want to talk about a gov't subsidized flying club, look at US Customs. (Yes, I worked for them for three years and THAT was a flying club, believe me.) The CAP members I know dedicated a LOT of their time, money, and efforts to help the communities where we worked. I don't know how you can say they are "undercutting" FBO's when renting a plane is so expensive right now, that even I can't afford it..... and I make fairly good money. Getting a cadet interested in the flying/military portions was very rewarding to many of us. Sorry you found it so "undercutting".
HA! I've heard every bleeding heart excuse about how great CAP is. Been there, done that, don't buy it.

Yes CAP does undercut legitimate businesses. Yes CAP is government subsidized. Period. If US Customs is a government funded flying club, screw them too.

I can't believe how pilots come on here and ----- about being undercut by such and such pilot group and go on to condone the BFRs and Sunday afternoon flying that is done by CAP.

Thanks for undercutting professionals' jobs.

Oh, it costs money to rent planes? Sure, when mother government isn't greasing the path for you. I have no sympathy.