skywatch
Gets Weekdays Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2007
  • Position
    Economy Minus
Quote: Comair's nice letter to us..

Delta is finalizing our flight schedule for early 2010, and we are planning our crew staffing accordingly. I’m pleased to let you know that initial indications are that we will need to ramp up our staffing slightly to

cover additional flying opportunities from Delta.

We will retain 32 pilots who had originally been scheduled to go on furlough as of January 1, 2010. In addition, we plan to recall 23 pilots and 42 flight attendants currently out on furlough. This increased utilization and opportunity for additional flying is positive news for our company and for our crews.
During his recent Focus 2009 meetings, President John Bendoraitis provided insight into the 2010 schedule and discussed a reduction in hours year over year from 2009 to 2010. While we still expect a reduction,
based on the latest 2010 schedule changes, we expect block hours to remain fairly consistent throughout the year and comparable to today’s levels. We are optimistic about what that means for our crew staffing
levels.

"Retaining 32 furlough" - So pretty much they are only bringing back 23 from the furlough list.. ?!? At least it is a start...

Hey, it is raining $5 bills - damnit, what I pain. Why can't it be $100 bills? This is too much work to have to pick these all up one at a time. Whine whine whine.

OK, just my way of asking why we have to complain about everything, even what is a little bit of good news?