View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 06:36 PM
HSLD
APC co-founder

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: B777

Originally Posted by DH2WN View Post
Interesting you have Brad front and center on your website. Maybe, Brad, you own it.

Brad is the center of controversy at SWA because he tried to get the pilot group to agree to practices to increase the stock price at the expense of the pilots income.

Anyone want to add more exacting details?
Brad doesn't have an equity stake in this web site although his contributions are highly valued by the publishers of APC. We actively sought his participation and asked him to share his industry score card analysis and some "yet to be published" content that I think will also be well received.

As far as "controversy at SWA" goes, my understanding is this:
  1. A member in good standing advocated an idea to the membership
  2. The membership heard, and rejected the proposal
I'm not a SWAPA member, but in my union that's how business gets done: a member brings an idea or resolution and the majority has a say. In this case the majority chose a different path and Brad moved on. I do admire Brad for going to great effort and expense to frame his concerns and offer potential solutions. He is obviously very passionate about his views and went above and beyond what most members would do to be heard.

While you may not agree with his conclusions, the research is sound and in my opinion his intentions were aimed at avoiding the union mistakes of carriers like United ALPA (negotiating a contract the airline can't afford except in very rigid financial conditions).

At any rate, we're proud to publish Brad's quarterly score cards.