View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Busdrivr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by purplepilot View Post
As long as we have guys picking up draft nothing will change. STOP PICKING UP DRAFT!!!!! WHAT DOES IT TAKE FOR GUYS TO REALIZE THAT WE ARE DOING THIS TO OURSELVES??????? Reserves are totally utilized to the max. I had a CRS scheduler tell me that they are relying on draft to cover trips. And guess what, it's working in the favor of the company. What do you think would happen if jets couldn't move b/c of the lack of crews? This is the month to not accept draft. Start thinking beyond your own pockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're right. There are always guys willing to pick up draft/vlt. What bugs me is when people on this forum blame the "Memphis" guys for all our problems. Most the FOs I fly with who are on Draft/vlt are commuters who rationalize the trip because they had a day off between trips in Memphis.
Memphis guys are equally guilty, but not more guilty. Let's stop assigning blame on different groups. (Not that you did Purple.)
As to lack of crews, the holidays are coming up and so are the inevitable Memphis ice storms. No amount of money will get me out of my cozy little bed on or near a holiday or during a storm.
I believe heads will roll because of out lack of reserves.