View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Coast
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: Musical chairs
Default Custom Line Question

Just finished IOE for 727 SO and am trying to figure out the custom line rules. I do not have any time left for Nov, but will get a custom line for Dec since the bid has closed. My pay only line was reserve, but I am approximately 50% in my new seat. The contract states "Such pilot shall have the ability to enter a line construction preference worksheet for his custom line at that time. The Company shall accommodate his preferences in accordance with seniority to the greatest extent practicable."

Just spoke with CRS and they told me I can't get any trips that are currently in the window until all secondary lines are built, even though my seniority is high enough that I could have held the 5th Secondary line. In fact, I was led to believe I can expect RA. There is no way RA is in accordance with my seniority. R24/RB would be reserve in accordance with seniority, trips would be in accordance with seniority. Above 80-85%, I can promise I will never bid RA! I've read the contract and must be missing something. Any help would be appreciated.