Old 11-24-2009, 05:45 PM
T Dawg
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: Furloughed
Default Cape Air, CAPA, and the IBT

Does anybody know more about this?

37 NMB No. 9 - 62 –

NOTICE TO PILOTS OF CAPE AIR (HYANNIS AIR SERVICE, INC.)

After an investigation conducted by the National Mediation Board (Board), in which Cape Air (Hyannis Air Service, Inc.) (Cape Air), the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT), and the Cape Air Pilots Association (CAPA) had the opportunity to present statements and evidence, the Board found that Cape Air’s conduct interfered with, influenced, or coerced employees' choice of representative in an election conducted pursuant to Section 2, Ninth, of the Railway Labor Act (RLA).

Accordingly, the Board authorizes a second election by Telephone Electronic Voting (TEV) and Internet Voting among Cape Air’s Pilots. The list of eligible voters will consist of those eligible to vote in the first election, with the exception of those who have left the craft or class. A copy of this Notice will also be mailed to all eligible voters with the election materials. During the election period, the Investigator will be available to immediately investigate any further allegations.
Section 2, Fourth, of the RLA allows employees the right to select representatives without carrier influence or interference.

Cape Air is not permitted to influence, interfere, or coerce employees in any manner in an effort to induce them to participate or refrain from participating in the upcoming election.

For questions concerning this Notice or compliance with its provisions, communicate with the National Mediation Board at [email protected].

A buddy of mine over at Cape Air sent this to me. He said that a lot of guys he knows are sorry they bought into this in-house union. This just struck me because I have never seen anything like this before. Does anyone know what’s going on?