Thread: FDX Mil Leave
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 11:40 AM
pipe
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: 757 Capt

Originally Posted by MX727 View Post
You totally missed the problem with 4.a.2.b and you obviously have not paid any attention to what I have written in the past about 4.a.2.b. I wrote a fairly detailed post about how 4.a.2.b was originally obtained and why it was a noble thought. In fact, early in the year, someone on hear accused me of being management. LOL.

So, just to be clear, I'm very happy we didn't put anyone on the street, but I'm ****ed that they are offering so much draft to some, while others are left struggling at sub-60 hour months since last February.

The company has not applied 4.a.2.b. fairly across the board. From all evidence, they should have exited 4.a.2.b prior to peak and now they are relying on draft to man the trips. Had we exited 4.a.2.b, the lines would've been built to a level that would've allowed them to man the trips AND have sufficient RSV to cover the holidays.

Furthermore, this thread is about FedEx's illegal treatment of military members when they exercise their USERRA rights.

So, I stand by my opinion that I think our management is making some serious miscalculations, which are going to cause service failures and cost the company in the very near term.
We may have shot our own foot AGAIN!!! The most compelling evidence to get us out of 4a2b is happening as we speak -- and is not a part of the arbitration evidence. Had we kept our powder dry and waited a few more months to arbitrate, we may have stood a better chance of recovering some cash.

PIPE