View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 07:58 PM
HeavyJet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by Priority 3 View Post
I agree with you, furloughman.

A furlough would be a complete cluster frog for UPS. Gut the ANC domicile (where flying is busting at the seams with all the new contracts won), hundreds and hundreds of training events, an immediate open time ban allowed contractually for the IPA to set into place, questionable savings vs. the MOU cost savings, and no flexibility for when an upturn happens.

We have a very unique union, gentlemen/women. 2/3's of us contributed in some way, and that's a figure I'll never forget. I'm proud to be part of the IPA.

PS: For those of us who contributed by volunteering time off, thank yourself. In a year, do you think you'll be missing the money you forwent, forgoed, or forgoo'd? I view the MOU as a great opportunity to take a break, spent time with family, or tend to a side business.

I agree as well. There will be no furlough just Brown looking to pick up a few scraps. I would also bet that participation will be down this time around again. You can tell Brown is not serious because they are not offering any type of retirement incentive. They are trying to play the fear card.