View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 03:06 PM
hollingsworth
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Plantation,
Before this thread drifts any further, let me sum up the Key Lime experience for you. Key Lime is your typical scumbag 135 operator. It's a dead end business model that makes no money and incurs debt(due to the ever-aging aircraft fleet). The company as a whole is cash poor. They take advantage of people like you because all they see are $'s. Your checks will stave off vendors for another 90 days. In the meantime, you get to serve as a useless crewmember in a single pilot airplane which, by the way, all the Capts. were trained to fly that way. Not to worry though, you'll do your share of humping freight in and out of UPS trucks, in the dark and freezing cold. Fun stuff!

You mentioned a warm reception and friendly voices on the phone. It's all an act, buddy. The Pres. is worthless and has absolutely no business sense. In fact he's a terrible pilot with very dangerous attitudes in regards to getting the freight places on time. Oh, and enough DUI's that he should be in prison. Sweet. The VP is a decent guy but because the Pres. washes his hands of any real responsibility around the place, he holds it all together. His primary job is diciplinarian. Hopefully you don't ever end up in his office. The D.O. is a pompus ass with an ego problem who likes to bully pilots and throw his weight around, literally(he's a big boy). I don't know what poor sucker is the Chief these days. Just remember that safety isn't always their primary concern, pleasing UPS is.

The airplanes are for the most part in decent shape, at least they used to be. Maintenance is also pretty good, when it's convienent to them. A broken airplane is no excuse for late freight.

When I was there the pilot group was pretty awesome. We all knew the job and how to do it safely. I built some quality hours in the Metro that have served my career well and shaped my style of flying. I miss that airplane. Just remember who you're dealing with and always C.Y.A.!!! Safety should always be your #1 priority.

With the state of the industry I won't judge your decision to go there, but keep these things in mind. Any job you land after this one will seem so easy and more enjoyable. But while you're there, have fun with it. Feel free to pm me with any questions.