View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 01:14 PM
FL450
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Thrill Seat

Originally Posted by Plantation Air View Post
Sky,

You're spot on man. I'd like to inquire as to the number of folks out there right now that are instructing and what their prospects are? As far as I can tell, no one is hiring pilots without 3k plus hours (and a motherload of that needs to be twin time). I could certainly be wrong, but with 1200 tt and 150 me, I have submitted over 300 resumes and recieved *******all.
There are plenty of jobs out there right now it may not seem like it but the availability of jobs keeps increasing in aviation by the week. The main thing is persistence and who you know, its easy to get in a slump. Like you I was out of work for a few months however I networked and made my face known at every outlet available. When I did get called and hired at my current employer it was because of my persistence in following up with emails to the D.O. I wasn't bugging him but an email so often letting the employer know that you want a chance to become part of their company helps. I wish you the best of luck at key lime just keep the dirty side down!