View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 11:32 AM
PurpleTail
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by JustUnderPar View Post
You may be right. All about Seniority with Bob. He believes that Fedex (the union) is trying to furlough right now to get the pay scales back for the senior guys. I dont see how this could happen at purple without violating the contract.

Save your $$$$
Clarification...Pay scales have actually increased per CBA, scheduling has just been cutting 1-2 days of work off our schedules each month since Feb.

I'm confused Have things not picked up (ie. loads) over at Brown? I was assuming they had since we are a lot busier over at Purple than 6 months ago. Please don't take that comment the wrong way, I'm not slamming Brown.

FedEx management, IMHO, way overshoot their knee jerk reaction to the economic downturn and now our manning levels are all out of whack and we are UNDER manned for peak. There is no way management cold furlough now because scheduling has been very busy offering 1.5X pay to cover and fill trips.

I hope UPS management is just threatening furlough and nobody hits the street in Jan. Good luck guys, healthy competition is best for all